- I wondered aloud to my fiance whether we should boycott our local movie theater chain (Cinemark) because the owner donated almost $10,000 to the Yes on Prop. 8 campaign. His response was, “What does that leave us with? Megaplex? (Larry H. Miller’s chain). Please.”
And then he patiently reminded me that I was, myself, at that very moment, doing some work on two new TV commercials for the church.
“Oh yeah,” I said.
- My father dressed up as Santa Claus last Sunday for a local hotel’s Christmas party in exchange for a room for me and my fiance Christmas Eve. I have very cool parents.
- I don’t have much reason to go to BYU campus these days, but sometimes I do. When I’m there I love to watch people’s reaction to my facial hair. It’s something between shock and disgust. Muted, but very noticeable.
- I still feel compelled to stay in the closet around certain people. There are some pretty good reasons for this, and hopefully I won’t be compelled to much longer; but it gets kind of annoying when people I work with tell me they want to set me up with a lady-friend of theirs. I’m not sure I can keep a consistent back-story to the imaginary girlfriend I’ve made up to get out of their advances. What was her name again? Jennifer? Ariel maybe?
- This is the first year we’ve had to decide whether Christmas cards and gifts should include both our names or just one or the other. For now it serves to be extra vigilant because it’s very annoying to accidentally out yourself by putting two names when you really meant to put one.
I’m starting to see why being in the closet sucks so much.